The Silver Lining Chronicles - AGING IN PLACE - A PREFERRED OPTION FOR MANY
I came across this Aging Acronym put out by the Senior Care Society. Seniors, for whom aging in place is an option, should pay attention to the following recommendations for a successful experience:
1) Access support. Family members, friends and community are essential.
2) Guidance. People with experience can ease the burden of coping with change.
3) Independence. Begins at childhood and is devastating when lost.
4) Navigate. Resources are available when help is needed.
5) Garner safety. Ensure that the environment will not produce a fall or injury.
When given a choice, most elderly people will choose to live out the remainder of their years at home. Support in this decision may well be the most important factor guaranteeing a positive outcome.
Nassau County has just issued the latest edition of Directory of Services For Older Persons in Nassau County.
Request your free copy:
County of Nassau Office For The Aging
60 Charles Lindbergh Boulevard
Uniondale, NY 11553-3691
No matter how you spend your day, come home to this
Long Island Real Estate Needs?
Reach me @516.395.8376
Long Beach is a diverse community that is never short on entertainment. Interested in moving to Long Beach?
Don't hesitate to call me and we can begin our tour.
CHARLES RUTENBERG REALTY INC. ***** 516-575-7500 *****
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Graduate REALTOR Institute
Jill Sackler, NYS Real Estate Broker Associate based on Long Island's South Shore
Specializing in Lifecycle Real Estate Transitions
©Jill Sackler 2010